Thursday, January 3, 2013

Welcoming the Madness

Good evening new readers! Rachael here, and I just wanted to make a shout out to Brent for making our lovely new blog and to all of you who are taking the time out to read!

Just a tid-bit on me but I'm trying to complete watching 365 new films in the year 2013. I won't bore you with every single film I see but I will intermittently post my thoughts. They won't be too long because I find myself dozing if the review becomes too long.

So here goes nothing....


What an interesting way to start off then to talk about this 1936 film gem called Reefer Madness by director Louis J. Gasnier.

Now, I'm still trying to wrap my head around whether it is a serious film or a comedy but let me tell you, I took it as comedy. I laughed so hard watching how this film panned out. It's a story on how marijuana can effect the life of someone after taking that first puff. The outcomes just so happens to include insanity, murder, and depression.

Reefer Madness seems like it wanted to scare kids of the 30's out of doing the drug whilst putting the parents on strict watch of their children. The acting and wardrobe is your typical 30's look. Men in suits and ties, while the women are in calf length dresses with finger waved hair styles.

I loved this. I really did. Give it a shot. I know to this day it has been turned into a musical and I remember over the summer my theatre here was playing but I just laughed it off. I wish I didn't.

Rating: 3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment